The safety of production processes
Safety is an issue that is a prority within each project of Vicoma. From day one we keep a sharp eye on this aspect. Also during the further process we continuously check whether the safety of the work being delivered meets all criteria.
- Organising, leading and facilitating HAZOP study (HAZard and OPerability)
- Determination and verification of the SIL class (Safety Integrity Level)
- Machinery Directive (CE marking)
- Meeting safety requirements in accordance with the regulations (like the Dutch PGS)
- Production processes in ATEX zones
Safety criteria are laid down in national and international regulations. Obviously we also consider all additional specific safety measures that you, as the client, may require. All our work is based on a clear safety concept. Our standard way of working is that an installation or machine must by definition be intrinsically safe. That’s why we initially look at whether the source of a possible danger can be eliminated. If it is not possible to eliminate the dangers, then we take measures in order to ensure that safety is still guaranteed.
We accurately document all activities, supported by the use of specific software. If necessary we bring in Safety Engineers who are certified for these activities.